CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Remembering...

The other day Brayden said something that I thought was sweet and I almost cried!
As most of you know my Pawpaw passed away in August. It was sudden & very hard on all of us. Brayden and I were talking one day about him & I said something to the effect of him being in heaven and that now when it rains maybe it's Great Pawpaw helping God water the flowers. Last week when it was raining so hard Brayden randomly said "Mommy, Great Pawpaw is watering the flowers for us!"
**I'm trying not to cry as I type this**
I had one of those moments the other day when you suddenly realized all over again that someone is gone. Patrick, the kids and I were in the car Saturday morning going to eat breakfast. I mentioned something about how my Mawmaw (she passed away 10 years ago due to breast cancer) would always cut the crust off of the toast for me and my sister. Patrick said his grandad would always make them eat all of the toast. I told him that she probably gave our crust to my Pawpaw rather than just throwing it away... And then it hit me...he's actually gone. After we ate breakfast we went to get Brayden a hair cut. The lady cutting his hair asked who he got his wavy hair from....... His hair is just like my Pawpaw's.

0 comments: