CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Change of plans

As you know, Patrick and I went on our 1st trip alone since having children. Our plans were to stay on Lake Guntersville in North AL. We drove the 2 hours it takes to get there and when it was time to check into our room we got a surprise.. The room was filthy! I opened the door to walk out on to the balcony and walked right into a huge spider web. I called down to the front desk and told the lady how nasty the room was. She told me that we could change rooms so we did and the 2nd one was worse than the first! Patrick & I walked downstairs and told her we wanted out money back - it was $170 a night! I don't like staying in hotel/motels at all and I avoid it if at all possible. After this experience I had just about made up my mind that we should just forget the trip and go home. So, we started heading back to town. I called my mom and asked her to look online and see how much it was to stay at the Wynfrey Hotel in B'ham. We ended up staying there in a really nice CLEAN room. We ate at The Cheesecake Factory and shopped at the Galleria for the kids, of course. Although it wasnt the trip we had planned on, it actually turned out very well and it was nice to get out of town alone :)

1 comments:

April said...

Gross! But at least you got to stay at the Wynfrey, I love that place!