CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 1, 2008

Family.....

Why can't I have a relatively normal one?....or maybe I do, I think all families are somewhat psychotic.......Ok, Thanksgiving went about as well as expected. I went to my mother-in-laws for lunch then went home with Brayden & Emma while my hubby stayed to visit some more. While on the way home my grandmother called me, during the converstation I said "We're still eating around 5:00, right?" She said "No, 4:00" What? It's at my house & nobody thought it was important to inform the host that people were going to be at my house an hour earlier than expected... So, I rush home try unsuccessfully to get my children to take a nap, start picking up toys/clothes, vacuum, clean the kitchen, start cooking, clean the kitchen some more, etc. Needless to say I was exhausted when my company arrived. It was my moms side of the family, however, she lives in South AL and had surgery the previous week so she didnt make the trip. I invited my dad, stepmom & brothers to eat with us. My youngest brother brought his girlfriend. Keep in mind that we really like this girl & hope she hangs around :) We go to church with her & Brayden says shes his girlfriend. Well, the evening started out smoothly and I hoped that it would continue on that same path... That dream was quickly shot down.....I guess it's true ~ all good things must come to an end. Apparently my cousins little boy said an ugly word - and it was a biggie! Patrick told me what he said & my aunt overheard. So she yells "He said WHAT!" Then she says "We'll they only repeat what they hear" Which is so true! That turns into my cousin & his wife getting defensive because of course he didn't hear it from either of them, when we all knew that he probably has heard it from both of them. They get huffy and leave, but not before my cousins belts out "I'm gonna take him home & beat the hell out of him" I wanted so badly to say "Somebody needs to beat the hell out of you, because thats exactly where your headed!" I was so embarrassed, not only were my dad, stepmom & brothers there, but this poor girl that we like so much now thinks that 1 side of my family is completely nuts! I appologized to her several times & told my stepbrother to be sure & tell her that he is not related to those people in any way ;) I am so looking foward to the Christmas get together!

0 comments: